CONFERENCE INTERPRETER German ↔ Arabic ↔ English
TECHNICAL TRANSLATOR Politics | Law | Economy
Senior member of the Association of Conference Interpreters (VKD) within the BDÜ
Member of the Federal Association of Interpreters and Translators (BDÜ)
Member of the European Society of Translation and Interpreting Studies (EST)
Certified translator of Arabic, German and English
Welcome to my website!
I am thrilled you are here.
As a professionally trained conference interpreter, certified technical translator, as well as a practicing interpreting instructor and researcher, my passion lies in facilitating pinpoint verbal and written comprehension directly to ensure that your international gathering is a success.
Be it at (specialist) conferences, contract negotiations, round-table discussions, media appearances or delegation visits, I look forward to putting my skills into action for all your needs—both in Germany and abroad.
Thanks to my extensive professional experience, I can advise you on optimum interpreting modes and the necessary technical equipment needed for your event. Furthermore, I can gladly assist you in assembling large teams of interpreters thanks to my vast network of trained professionals.
Combining linguistic, technical and intercultural competence with professional know-how and personal passion—that is my promise to you.I look forward to hearing from you!
ServicesWHAT I OFFER
- a high-ranking delegation visit from Maghreb?
- a study tour with participants from North Africa?
- a business trip to the Gulf Region?
Professional conference interpreting requires a capacity for nuance, precision and concentration, as well as cognitive and intellectual agility. It builds upon the use of modular strategies, techniques and competences, which are being researched in the still fledgling area of Interpreting Studies and its parent area of Translation Studies.
With the completion of a comprehensive degree program at FTSK Germersheim, in combination with extensive stays abroad in the UK and the Arab World, and with over a decade of professional experience at the highest national and international levels, I am currently active as both: A practicing Interpreting Studies researcher and a professional conference interpreter.Conference interpreting is not only my area of specialization, but also my passion!
My interpreting services at a glance:Languages:
- Arabic (native)
- German (native)
Arabic ↔ German
Arabic ↔ English
- Simultaneous interpreting
- Consecutive interpreting
- Liaison interpreting
- Chuchotage interpreting
- Media interpreting for radio and television (including live broadcasts)
My goal is for my Translation Services, professional know-how and work ethic to meet and exceed your specific needs. As an interpreter regularly commissioned by the German government, I have successfully completed numerous security inspections in accordance with the German Security Clearance Act. Every project is treated with the utmost secrecy, confidentiality and discretion.
Be it at (specialist) conferences, contract negotiations, round-table discussions, media appearances or delegation visits, I am your experienced and trusted partner for all your interpreting-related needs in Germany and abroad.I invite you to get to know me and my work. Then, let us talk about how you can put my service pledge to the test.
Remote Interpreting (RI)
In light of the current pandemic, I have been offering remote interpreting using online conference solutions for several months now, also via various online platforms depending on customer requirements.
Remote Interpreting offers you the possibility to have your virtual meetings interpreted simultaneously (or consecutively). The interpreters are located at a different place and interpret “remotely” via an internet-based video and/or audio line – of course, with the very same high quality you are used to.
Are you looking for a team?
Experience and superb teamwork are the strength of our powerhouse team. We have been co-operating for years in the frameworks of large-scale projects providing simultaneous and consecutive interpreting for expert conferences and delegations.
Rest assured we would deliver a steady performance of precise, high-quality interpretation throughout the day to guarantee a smooth communication between your guests and audience.To get to know my colleague, visit her website at www.amirabakr.com. Interested? reach out to us today!
Consulting and organization services
- a conference with Arabic-speaking guests?
- a multi-lateral meeting with business partners from the Arab world?
Thanks to my extensive network of experienced conference interpreters and technical translators, I can support you in assembling large teams of interpreters and translators. Moreover, I can provide you with professional advice on the optimum interpreting modes and the equipment necessary for your event.
Typically, conference interpreters work in teams of two and three. Thus, a network amongst colleagues is imperative, as is the friendly cooperation and collaborative skills of each individual team member. To this end, I have worked with an extensive network of highly qualified colleagues—beyond my own language pairs—in close and friendly collaboration.
Close collaboration is also a key pillar of every one of my technical translation jobs. I work with a professional network of Arabic, German and English experts and always employ the “dual-control” method, to ensure that every translation delivered is of native-speaker quality.I look forward to getting to know you and discussing your needs!
Technical and certified translations
Would you like to issue a press release to your Arabic-speaking partners?
Do you need a certified translation of offical documents?
A proper, professional rendering of your written word requires a competent (technical) translator. Therefore, it is imperative that the translation services required satisfy your high demands of quality, including precision, meticulousness and contextual coherence.I am committed to achieving these goals in every task I perform—from interpreting to technical translations. Here are my current areas of activity for technical translations:
- Law and Administration
- Economics, Trade, Finances
- Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
Thanks to the expertise gained from my studies, years of professional experience and regular training courses, I deliver high-quality translation services ranging from general-language translations to the areas of expertise listed above. I can gladly expand my areas of expertise to your area of need or recommend a qualified colleague from my network.In addition, I am a sworn translator for official documents, contracts and additional legal documents for Arabic, German and English by the president of the OLG Zweibrücken (Higher Regional Court of Zweibrücken), Rhineland-Palatinate.
ExpertiseWHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The success of your message is wholly dependent on the performance of interpreters and translators at your side, as they assume the role of linguistic and cultural mediators. If you are looking to have the most nuanced of phrasings conveyed in the target language, just as you intended in the original, I gladly take up the challenge! My promise of quality includes the utmost levels of precision, meticulousness and contextual coherence, irrespective of the discipline performed. Because quality has always been my top priority!
I look back on over a decade of professional experience at the highest national and international levels, thus ensuring that your communication flows seamlessly across language and cultural barriers. You can entirely focus on your matter in the familiar rhetoric and eloquence of your native language. Lose the burden and leave the rest to me!
Translation services is a highly demanding trade in several different regards. The impact your interpreters and translators have goes far beyond their spoken and written words. I am dedicated to ensuring that my translation services, professional know-how and work ethic meet and exceed your specific needs. I place a great deal of importance on short response times and quick offer submission, as well as transparent and personalized project execution. Coupled with my standing as a senior member of the Association of Conference Interpreters (VKD) within the BDÜ, I abide by the professional and ethics statues (PDF). In short: You always receive the highest degree of professionalism. In every project!
When contents are of a highly sensitive nature and confidentiality is paramount, it can be difficult to find a trusted language partner. As an interpreter regularly commissioned by the German government, I have successfully completed numerous security inspections in accordance with the German Security Clearance Act (SÜG). I am committed to fair practices that protect the privacy of your information. Your data will never be shared with any third party without your permission. Your privacy extremely matters to me!
ReferencesWHAT I CAN PRODUCE
And yet, there is still no better reference than a satisfied client!
I would be more than happy to provide you a client portfolio for specific areas of activity on request.Get in touch!
CurrentLEARN MORE BELOW
Please find a selection of publications (contributions to magazines and books, academic papers, literary and dictionary projects) below, as well as presentations and workshops and media appearances.
- Emerging Research in Translation Studies: Selected Papers of the CETRA Research Summer School 2012. (Joint paper with Tanya Voinova, Bar-Ilan University, Israel, and Gabriel González, KU Leuven, Belgium)
Online version available under: https://www.arts.kuleuven.be/cetra/papers
- “Applying Reflexivity to Empirical Research within Interpreting Studies”, in Şebnem Bahadır & Dilek Dizdar (Hrsg.): Reflexive Translation Studies. John Benjamins.
- “Vom Voyeur zum Akteur – Macht und Verantwortung im Dazwischen des Dolmetschers” (From Voyeur to Actor—the Power and Responsibility of the Interpreter in the In-Between,” appeared in the documentation for the autumn conference of the Federal Association for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (B-UMF) on the topic of “Fachkräfte im Fokus: Spannungsfelder und Perspektiven im professionellen Umgang mit unbegleiteten minderjährigen Flüchtlingen” (Focus on specialists: Areas of tension and perspectives on professional dealings with unaccompanied refugee minors)
Online version available under: http://www.b-umf.de/images/doku%20ht2011web.pdf
Literary and dictionary papers
- Ralf Rothmann. Feuer brennt nicht (Fire does not burn). Novel translation into Arabic: Yasmine Khaled. Abu-Dhabi: Kalima Publishing House.
Link to book on the Emirati publishing house site: http://www.kalima.ae/ar/readbook.aspx?id=462
- Berlitz-Redaktion (ed.). Berlitz Sprachriegel Arabisch: Arabisch ohne Vorkenntnisse – der Kommunikationshelfer zum Zeigen und Sprechen (Berlitz Flashcards for Arabic: Beginner’s guide to Arabic—the communication assistant to show and speak. Text: Jörn Götzke and Natascha Hess. Dictionary translation into Arabic: Yasmine Khaled and Andreas Bünger. Munich: Berlitz Publishing.
Presentations and Workshops (excerpt)
- Workshop at Kinder- und Jugendhilfezentrum der Heimstiftung Karlsruhe (Children and youth center of Heimstiftung Karlsruhe (Training seminar for employees / Interpreters)
Title “Übersetzen, Dolmetschen oder Sprachmitteln wir eigentlich? Wege in und über die Translationswissenschaft hin zum psychosozialen Tätigkeitsfeld“ (Are we translating, interpreting or conveying language? Paths into and beyond translation studies to psychosocial fields of activity).
- Presentation at autumn conference of Federal Association for Unaccompanied Refugee Minors (B-UMF) on the topic of “Fachkräfte im Fokus: Spannungsfelder und Perspektiven im professionellen Umgang mit unbegleiteten minderjährigen Flüchtlingen” (Focus on specialists: Areas of tension and perspectives on professional dealings with unaccompanied refugee minors)
Title “Vom Voyeur zum Akteur – Macht und Verantwortung im Dazwischen des Dolmetschers” (From Voyeur to Actor—the Power and Responsibility of the Interpreter in the In-Between”
- Presentation at the Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong, as part of the 2012 International Postgraduate Students Conference
Title ““Translation as Process – Interpreting Transcripts from Asylum Hearings with Unaccompanied Refugee Minors“
- Presentation at the Katholieke University Leuven, Belgium, as part of the CETRA Research Summer School 2012
Title “Interpreter-mediated Asylum Hearings”
- Presentation at the 7th EST Congress, Germersheim
Title “Community Interpreting: A New ‘Semi’-Periphery?”
- Workshop as part of the further training seminar for special representatives of BAMF (the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees) unaccompanied minors, Nuremberg
Title “Die dolmetschervermittelte Kommunikation mit Unbegleiteten Minderjährigen: Grenzen und Möglichkeiten der Zusammenarbeit mit DolmetscherInnen” (Communication with unaccompanied minors conveyed through interpreters: limitations and opportunities when working with interpreters).
- Presentation as part of the course “Models of Healthcare,” Healthcare Economics course of studies at the Wiesbaden Business School, Wiesbaden, Germany
Title “Sprache im Gesundheitsbetrieb: Besonderheiten und Probleme der Kommunikation in der Patientenversorgung” (Language in the healthcare sector: special features and challenges of communicating in patient care).
- Moderator of the round-table discussion on “Von der Dyade zur Triade – wenn SozialarbeiterInnen und ÄrztInnen gemeinsam mit angehenden FachdolmetscherInnen Beratungs- und Behandlungsgespräche inszenieren“ (From dyads to triads—when social workers and doctors stage consulting and treatment discussions with aspiring technical interpreters) as part of the international conference “Interpreting Teaching and the Bologna Process: Pathways between Unity and Diversity,” FTSK Germersheim
- Presentation at Kommunaler Flüchtlingskongress 2016 (Communal Refugee Congress 2016), Nuremberg
Title “Die unterschätzte Bedeutung der Qualifikation von DolmetscherInnen im Flüchtlingsmanagement” (The underestimated significance of qualifications for interpreters in Refugee management)
- Interview, Deutschen Welle (Arabic), Novel translation of Ralf Rothmann’s “Feuer brennt nicht” (Fire doesn’t Burn) (in Arabic)
- Interview, Ärzte Zeitung newspaper, 22 April 2015 (in German)
- Interview, Deutsches Ärzteblatt specialist publication, PP 14, Issue November 2015, Page 489 (in German)
- Interview, SWR1, Arbeitsplatz, “Die Macht der Dolmetscher” (The power of the Interpreter) (in German)
- Interview, abi-Zeitung newspaper, Issue May 2016, 40th year, Issue 2, “Berufe für Heldinnen und Helden” (Professions for heroes and heroines)